Miramar College Library
Mon - Thu | 8am - 8pm
Fri | 8am - Noon
Sat & Sun | CLOSED
(Closed on Holidays)
Call the Miramar College Library
Email the Library
A Short Guide to Research
- First, review your assignment thoroughly and choose a topic.
- Next, start gathering information right away - don't procrastinate!
- Begin by navigating to the Miramar College home page.
- Find background information in print books, eBooks and Reference databases.
- As you read about your topic, increase your searching power by jotting down keywords and their synonyms, names of people, places and events.
- Add more specific or up-to-date information by searching the library databases. (Log on with your your Miramar ID and last name to research when off campus.)
- Email a librarian or stop by for after-hours help with research, citations, library policies, and more.
Company Marketing Paper
The purpose of the Company Marketing Paper is to engage the student in research and the practical application of knowledge gained from the marketing material introduced in the course which facilitates the learning process and the discovery of knowledge.
Students will develop a written research report to be submitted as a company marketing paper which describes the:
- Cover Page includes the company name, your name and date submitted (2 Pts)
The strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (20 Pts) of the organization
Identifies key competitors (5 Pts)
marketing mix such as the product/service offering, promotion, pricing and distribution strategy. (20 pts)
A minimum of three (3) references as citations for research in the paper. (3 Pts)
The Company Marketing Paper should be submitted:
a. Follow APA or MLA Formatting and Style. http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/section/2/
b. The paper must be typed, double-spaced on standard-sized paper (8.5 X 11 inches).
c. Margins will be 1 inch all around.
d. Font will be Times New Roman and Size 12.
e. The paper must include a cover page (2 Pts) with the company name, your name and date
f. Paper will be approximately 5-6 pages or 2,000-2,500 words in length. The Cover page and
Reference page are not included in the total number of pages.
g. You must have a minimum of 3 research citations or references (3 Pts) in your document.
h. The written report will be worth 50 points maximum.
i. The assignment should be submitted in Blackboard no later than 11:00 PM on Tuesday,
May 17, 2016