Miramar College Library
Mon - Thu | 8am - 8pm
Fri | 8am - Noon
Sat & Sun | CLOSED
(Closed on Holidays)
Call the Miramar College Library
Email the Library
A Short Guide to Research
- First, review your assignment thoroughly and choose a topic.
- Next, start gathering information right away - don't procrastinate!
- Begin by navigating to the Miramar College home page.
- Find background information in print books, eBooks and Reference databases.
- As you read about your topic, increase your searching power by jotting down keywords and their synonyms, names of people, places and events.
- Add more specific or up-to-date information by searching the library databases. (Log on with your your Miramar ID and last name to research when off campus.)
- Email a librarian or stop by for after-hours help with research, citations, library policies, and more.
For this assignment you will need to use books and databases to located credible sources for your research paper.