Miramar College Library
Mon - Thu | 8am - 8pm
Fri | 8am - Noon
Sat & Sun | CLOSED
(Closed on Holidays)
Call the Miramar College Library
Click on the image to go to the library's website. This is a good place to start your research. When you use the library's catalog and databases, you will find credible and appropriate sources that are free to you through the library's subscriptions. Although Google and other internet search engines are convenient and easy to use, they may not give you sources that are credible and appropriate for college research. Because of this you may end up spending much more time sifting through questionable sources.
A Short Guide to Research
- First, review your assignment thoroughly and choose a topic.
- Next, start gathering information right away - don't procrastinate!
- Begin by navigating to the Miramar College home page.
- Find background information in print books, eBooks and Reference databases.
- As you read about your topic, increase your searching power by jotting down keywords and their synonyms, names of people, places and events.
- Add more specific or up-to-date information by searching the library databases. (Log on with your your Miramar ID and last name to research when off campus.)
- Email a librarian or stop by for after-hours help with research, citations, library policies, and more.
Help via Chat
Need a Topic?
Need a Topic?
Here are some lists of topics from the library's databases. (From off campus, log on with your student ID and last name.)
From off campus, logon with your CID and last name.